Hospital bus is vital
Thank you to Mrs Maiden (Gazette, August 15) for drawing attention to the fact that no mention has been made of a bus service to the North Devon District Hospital in the published information about revised bus services.
Like her, I am grateful to have the regular half-hourly bus via Bideford direct to the hospital.
I can remember it being set up some years ago after the need for it was established by a user group.
It is well used, and it would be difficult for many people if a hospital such as ours in Barnstaple, serving a wide area, were not well provided with a good, frequent bus service.
I do hope this will be included in the plans.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened