Hospital bus is vital
Thank you to Mrs Maiden (Gazette, August 15) for drawing attention to the fact that no mention has been made of a bus service to the North Devon District Hospital in the published information about revised bus services.
Like her, I am grateful to have the regular half-hourly bus via Bideford direct to the hospital.
I can remember it being set up some years ago after the need for it was established by a user group.
It is well used, and it would be difficult for many people if a hospital such as ours in Barnstaple, serving a wide area, were not well provided with a good, frequent bus service.
I do hope this will be included in the plans.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted