Hospital bus is vital
Thank you to Mrs Maiden (Gazette, August 15) for drawing attention to the fact that no mention has been made of a bus service to the North Devon District Hospital in the published information about revised bus services.
Like her, I am grateful to have the regular half-hourly bus via Bideford direct to the hospital.
I can remember it being set up some years ago after the need for it was established by a user group.
It is well used, and it would be difficult for many people if a hospital such as ours in Barnstaple, serving a wide area, were not well provided with a good, frequent bus service.
I do hope this will be included in the plans.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity