Hospice supporters invited to reach for the stars
FUND-RAISERS, volunteers and families gathered together on Barnstaple Square on Friday to officially launch the charity s brand new annual event, taking place this September. Organisers hope the Starpath Memory Walk on Saturday, September 26 will raise �3
FUND-RAISERS, volunteers and families gathered together on Barnstaple Square on Friday to officially launch the charity's brand new annual event, taking place this September.
Organisers hope the Starpath Memory Walk on Saturday, September 26 will raise �30,000, enough to fund a specialist nurse at Little Bridge House, the charity's children's hospice in Fremington, for one year.
Emma Puckey, the hospice's head of fundraising, said: "We are hoping to have at least 300 people walking together on this five mile sponsored walk from Barnstaple Square to our very special children's hospice, Little Bridge House, celebrating precious memories of loved ones with every step."
The event will begin with an uplifting remembering service where people will have the chance to celebrate their memories. Later, they will be able to place them on a star and plant them in the hospice gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Bus company Stagecoach are laying on a special free bus to transport walkers back to Barnstaple square at the end of the walk.
Entry is �10 and includes a special sash, goodies on the night, a medal, and fund-raising pack.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
To register, telephone (01271) 325270, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.chsw.org.uk to download a registration form.