Hospice supporters invited to reach for the stars
FUND-RAISERS, volunteers and families gathered together on Barnstaple Square on Friday to officially launch the charity s brand new annual event, taking place this September. Organisers hope the Starpath Memory Walk on Saturday, September 26 will raise �3
FUND-RAISERS, volunteers and families gathered together on Barnstaple Square on Friday to officially launch the charity's brand new annual event, taking place this September.
Organisers hope the Starpath Memory Walk on Saturday, September 26 will raise �30,000, enough to fund a specialist nurse at Little Bridge House, the charity's children's hospice in Fremington, for one year.
Emma Puckey, the hospice's head of fundraising, said: "We are hoping to have at least 300 people walking together on this five mile sponsored walk from Barnstaple Square to our very special children's hospice, Little Bridge House, celebrating precious memories of loved ones with every step."
The event will begin with an uplifting remembering service where people will have the chance to celebrate their memories. Later, they will be able to place them on a star and plant them in the hospice gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Bus company Stagecoach are laying on a special free bus to transport walkers back to Barnstaple square at the end of the walk.
Entry is �10 and includes a special sash, goodies on the night, a medal, and fund-raising pack.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
To register, telephone (01271) 325270, email email@example.com or visit www.chsw.org.uk to download a registration form.