Hospice supporters invited to reach for the stars
FUND-RAISERS, volunteers and families gathered together on Barnstaple Square on Friday to officially launch the charity s brand new annual event, taking place this September. Organisers hope the Starpath Memory Walk on Saturday, September 26 will raise �3
FUND-RAISERS, volunteers and families gathered together on Barnstaple Square on Friday to officially launch the charity's brand new annual event, taking place this September.
Organisers hope the Starpath Memory Walk on Saturday, September 26 will raise �30,000, enough to fund a specialist nurse at Little Bridge House, the charity's children's hospice in Fremington, for one year.
Emma Puckey, the hospice's head of fundraising, said: "We are hoping to have at least 300 people walking together on this five mile sponsored walk from Barnstaple Square to our very special children's hospice, Little Bridge House, celebrating precious memories of loved ones with every step."
The event will begin with an uplifting remembering service where people will have the chance to celebrate their memories. Later, they will be able to place them on a star and plant them in the hospice gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Bus company Stagecoach are laying on a special free bus to transport walkers back to Barnstaple square at the end of the walk.
Entry is �10 and includes a special sash, goodies on the night, a medal, and fund-raising pack.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
To register, telephone (01271) 325270, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.chsw.org.uk to download a registration form.