SIR – I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who came to the Riverside Support Group s quiz night held last month at Instow Village Hall. There was a wonderful turnout of 17 teams from all over the area and the event raised an amazing �9
SIR - I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who came to the Riverside Support Group's quiz night held last month at Instow Village Hall. There was a wonderful turnout of 17 teams from all over the area and the event raised an amazing �900 for North Devon Hospice.
The Riverside Support Group work tirelessly throughout the year to raise funds for their local hospice and this is just the latest example of how successful and enjoyable their events are. I was delighted to take part with a team from North Devon Hospice's fundraising department, and even more pleased that we avoided the wooden spoon (albeit narrowly!).
Thank you to Jenny Rutter and her wonderful team from the Riverside Support Group. The work they do for North Devon Hospice is very much appreciated because, without support like this from the local community, we wouldn't be able to care for over 100 local people every day.
Emma Lowe, Community Fundraiser,
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Hospice.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice