SIR – I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who came to the Riverside Support Group s quiz night held last month at Instow Village Hall. There was a wonderful turnout of 17 teams from all over the area and the event raised an amazing �9
SIR - I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who came to the Riverside Support Group's quiz night held last month at Instow Village Hall. There was a wonderful turnout of 17 teams from all over the area and the event raised an amazing �900 for North Devon Hospice.
The Riverside Support Group work tirelessly throughout the year to raise funds for their local hospice and this is just the latest example of how successful and enjoyable their events are. I was delighted to take part with a team from North Devon Hospice's fundraising department, and even more pleased that we avoided the wooden spoon (albeit narrowly!).
Thank you to Jenny Rutter and her wonderful team from the Riverside Support Group. The work they do for North Devon Hospice is very much appreciated because, without support like this from the local community, we wouldn't be able to care for over 100 local people every day.
Emma Lowe, Community Fundraiser,
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Hospice.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'