SIR – I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who came to the Riverside Support Group s quiz night held last month at Instow Village Hall. There was a wonderful turnout of 17 teams from all over the area and the event raised an amazing �9
SIR - I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who came to the Riverside Support Group's quiz night held last month at Instow Village Hall. There was a wonderful turnout of 17 teams from all over the area and the event raised an amazing �900 for North Devon Hospice.
The Riverside Support Group work tirelessly throughout the year to raise funds for their local hospice and this is just the latest example of how successful and enjoyable their events are. I was delighted to take part with a team from North Devon Hospice's fundraising department, and even more pleased that we avoided the wooden spoon (albeit narrowly!).
Thank you to Jenny Rutter and her wonderful team from the Riverside Support Group. The work they do for North Devon Hospice is very much appreciated because, without support like this from the local community, we wouldn't be able to care for over 100 local people every day.
Emma Lowe, Community Fundraiser,
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Hospice.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple