SIR – I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who came to the Riverside Support Group s quiz night held last month at Instow Village Hall. There was a wonderful turnout of 17 teams from all over the area and the event raised an amazing �9
SIR - I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who came to the Riverside Support Group's quiz night held last month at Instow Village Hall. There was a wonderful turnout of 17 teams from all over the area and the event raised an amazing �900 for North Devon Hospice.
The Riverside Support Group work tirelessly throughout the year to raise funds for their local hospice and this is just the latest example of how successful and enjoyable their events are. I was delighted to take part with a team from North Devon Hospice's fundraising department, and even more pleased that we avoided the wooden spoon (albeit narrowly!).
Thank you to Jenny Rutter and her wonderful team from the Riverside Support Group. The work they do for North Devon Hospice is very much appreciated because, without support like this from the local community, we wouldn't be able to care for over 100 local people every day.
Emma Lowe, Community Fundraiser,
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Hospice.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users