Hospice nominated for two prestigious awards
The charity is in the running for two Third Sector Excellence Awards, after a previous win in 2010.
THE North Devon Hospice has been nominated for two awards recognised as the most prestigious prize in the charity world.
The charity has been nominated in the Financial Management category of the Third Sector Excellence Awards, which it previously won in 2010.
Volunteer Cathy Richards has also been shortlisted for the Volunteer of the Year award after being nominated by Commercial Director Stephen Roberts.
Mr Roberts said: “Anyone who lives in Lynton or Lynmouth will know Cathy because she is such a vibrant part of the community.
You may also want to watch:
“The work she does on behalf of North Devon Hospice raises a staggering amount of money every single year.
“She puts in incredible hours as volunteer manager of the hospice shop in Lynton, and also manages to find time to organise many other fundraising activities such as the summer collections at the Cliff Railway.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
Sam Husband, the director responsible for overseeing the hospice’s finances, said: “It is quite humbling to be nominated again for an award we won two years ago, but it just proves that North Devon Hospice takes very good care of every donation that comes our way.
“We pride ourselves that we use every pound to great effect, so it can make a real difference to the lives of people in North Devon who need our care.
“To be recognised on a national level really is fantastic, and I hope this encourages even more people to support the work of the hospice.”
The award ceremony will take place in London on September 27.
For more information on the work of North Devon Hospice click the link in the top right corner of the page.