SIR - I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who came to the Riverside Support Group’s recent Coffee Morning.
The event received great support from the local community, and in just a few short hours more than �500 was raised for North Devon Hospice.
We are also very grateful to the North Devon Yacht Club at Instow, who generously provided their wonderful venue free of charge.
To raise this amount of money in such a short space of time is a real achievement, and this generosity will make a real difference to the lives of patients and families cared for by the hospice.
Thank you to Jenny Rutter and her wonderful team from the Riverside Support Group. The work they do for North Devon Hospice is very much appreciated because, without support like this from the local community, we wouldn’t be able to care for more than 100 local people every day.
The Riverside Support Group have great fun in raising money for the hospice and if you would like to set-up your own fundraising event, or even your own support group, I would be delighted to hear from you on (01271) 347213.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?
North Devon Hospice