SIR - I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who came to the Riverside Support Group’s recent Coffee Morning.
The event received great support from the local community, and in just a few short hours more than �500 was raised for North Devon Hospice.
We are also very grateful to the North Devon Yacht Club at Instow, who generously provided their wonderful venue free of charge.
To raise this amount of money in such a short space of time is a real achievement, and this generosity will make a real difference to the lives of patients and families cared for by the hospice.
Thank you to Jenny Rutter and her wonderful team from the Riverside Support Group. The work they do for North Devon Hospice is very much appreciated because, without support like this from the local community, we wouldn’t be able to care for more than 100 local people every day.
You may also want to watch:
The Riverside Support Group have great fun in raising money for the hospice and if you would like to set-up your own fundraising event, or even your own support group, I would be delighted to hear from you on (01271) 347213.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
North Devon Hospice