‘Hoodies’ mug man in Barnstaple street
Police appeal for information after 53-year-old man assaulted and robbed in Litchdon Street teatime mugging.
WITNESSES are being sought after a 53-year-old man was mugged and left lying in a Barnstaple street yesterday evening (Tuesday).
The victim was walking past the Riversvale Centre in Litchdon Street between 6-6.45pm when three hooded males approached him and asked for his wallet and cigarettes.
He was subsequently assaulted, his wallet stolen and left with what police have described as bad facial injuries.
The man was found by passers-by, who called police and an ambulance which took him to North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“It is quite shocking someone would do that to someone else as they are just walking along the road,” said Detective Constable Kerry Moth, who is investigating the case.
“This appears to be an isolated incident and not something that is a regular occurrence in our area.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
“But the way he was left on his own with obvious injuries is a real concern for us. We would like to thank the members of the public who stopped and assisted him, calling us and the ambulance.”
Two of the offenders were wearing dark hooded tops, the other was wearing a light-coloured hooded top.
Police have appealed for anyone who was in the area at the time and saw anything, or who has information about the robbery, to dial 101 and ask for DC 6420 Kerry Moth, quoting reference CB12796.