‘Hoodies’ mug man in Barnstaple street
Police appeal for information after 53-year-old man assaulted and robbed in Litchdon Street teatime mugging.
WITNESSES are being sought after a 53-year-old man was mugged and left lying in a Barnstaple street yesterday evening (Tuesday).
The victim was walking past the Riversvale Centre in Litchdon Street between 6-6.45pm when three hooded males approached him and asked for his wallet and cigarettes.
He was subsequently assaulted, his wallet stolen and left with what police have described as bad facial injuries.
The man was found by passers-by, who called police and an ambulance which took him to North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“It is quite shocking someone would do that to someone else as they are just walking along the road,” said Detective Constable Kerry Moth, who is investigating the case.
“This appears to be an isolated incident and not something that is a regular occurrence in our area.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
“But the way he was left on his own with obvious injuries is a real concern for us. We would like to thank the members of the public who stopped and assisted him, calling us and the ambulance.”
Two of the offenders were wearing dark hooded tops, the other was wearing a light-coloured hooded top.
Police have appealed for anyone who was in the area at the time and saw anything, or who has information about the robbery, to dial 101 and ask for DC 6420 Kerry Moth, quoting reference CB12796.