Homes plan for former Barnstaple gasworks
REDEVELOPMENT plans for an old gasworks in Barnstaple are set to be unveiled at a public exhibition next Tuesday. National Grid plans to carry out environmental improvement works to the former works off Barbican Close to make way for its future developmen
REDEVELOPMENT plans for an old gasworks in Barnstaple are set to be unveiled at a public exhibition next Tuesday.
National Grid plans to carry out environmental improvement works to the former works off Barbican Close to make way for its future development.
Richard Alden, sales and lettings manager at National Grid, said: "As part of our nationwide programme to bring land back into beneficial use for local communities, we want to carry out further environmental improvement works on the former gasworks site off Barbican Close.
"On completion of these works, we will look for a developer to redevelop the site for housing."
You may also want to watch:
Local people can learn more about the proposals at a public exhibition being held in Holy Trinity Church hall, Victoria Road, on Tuesday, July 20 from 11am-7pm.
Mr Alden added: "Each element has been carefully considered so our plans complement nearby buildings and are sensitive to the character of the surrounding area. We hope the public will take the time to visit the exhibition as we value their views and feedback."
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 New series of Devon and Cornwall focuses on the Ilfracombe coastline
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
National Grid will be submitting two planning applications to North Devon Council for the environmental improvement works and for the redevelopment of the site.