Homes plan for former Barnstaple gasworks
REDEVELOPMENT plans for an old gasworks in Barnstaple are set to be unveiled at a public exhibition next Tuesday. National Grid plans to carry out environmental improvement works to the former works off Barbican Close to make way for its future developmen
REDEVELOPMENT plans for an old gasworks in Barnstaple are set to be unveiled at a public exhibition next Tuesday.
National Grid plans to carry out environmental improvement works to the former works off Barbican Close to make way for its future development.
Richard Alden, sales and lettings manager at National Grid, said: "As part of our nationwide programme to bring land back into beneficial use for local communities, we want to carry out further environmental improvement works on the former gasworks site off Barbican Close.
"On completion of these works, we will look for a developer to redevelop the site for housing."
You may also want to watch:
Local people can learn more about the proposals at a public exhibition being held in Holy Trinity Church hall, Victoria Road, on Tuesday, July 20 from 11am-7pm.
Mr Alden added: "Each element has been carefully considered so our plans complement nearby buildings and are sensitive to the character of the surrounding area. We hope the public will take the time to visit the exhibition as we value their views and feedback."
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
National Grid will be submitting two planning applications to North Devon Council for the environmental improvement works and for the redevelopment of the site.