Homes plan for former Barnstaple gasworks
REDEVELOPMENT plans for an old gasworks in Barnstaple are set to be unveiled at a public exhibition next Tuesday. National Grid plans to carry out environmental improvement works to the former works off Barbican Close to make way for its future developmen
REDEVELOPMENT plans for an old gasworks in Barnstaple are set to be unveiled at a public exhibition next Tuesday.
National Grid plans to carry out environmental improvement works to the former works off Barbican Close to make way for its future development.
Richard Alden, sales and lettings manager at National Grid, said: "As part of our nationwide programme to bring land back into beneficial use for local communities, we want to carry out further environmental improvement works on the former gasworks site off Barbican Close.
"On completion of these works, we will look for a developer to redevelop the site for housing."
You may also want to watch:
Local people can learn more about the proposals at a public exhibition being held in Holy Trinity Church hall, Victoria Road, on Tuesday, July 20 from 11am-7pm.
Mr Alden added: "Each element has been carefully considered so our plans complement nearby buildings and are sensitive to the character of the surrounding area. We hope the public will take the time to visit the exhibition as we value their views and feedback."
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 7 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
National Grid will be submitting two planning applications to North Devon Council for the environmental improvement works and for the redevelopment of the site.