Homes and medical centre plan submitted to council
Hybrid application seeks permission for up to 250 houses in South Molton.
SWEEPING plans for a large-scale housing development and medical centre in South Molton have been submitted to North Devon Council planners.
A ‘hybrid’ application by Linden Homes initially seeks permission for 115 homes, allotments, public open space and highway access on land behind the infant school at North Road and Gunswell Lane.
Outline permission is also being sought for phase two of the development, a further 135 homes, medical centre and public open space.
The proposal follows consultation events in the town in December and January.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from Linden Homes said: “As part of the development Linden Homes will seek to deliver a health centre on the site, and has been in detailed discussions with the East Street surgery to develop these proposals.
“The project team has undertaken a thorough review of all the feedback received throughout the consultation process, and the proposals have been amended, taking on board the feedback where possible.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
For more information about the plans, visit www.lindenhomes-consultation.co.uk/southmolton or telephone 0800 2987040.