Homes and medical centre plan submitted to council
Hybrid application seeks permission for up to 250 houses in South Molton.
SWEEPING plans for a large-scale housing development and medical centre in South Molton have been submitted to North Devon Council planners.
A ‘hybrid’ application by Linden Homes initially seeks permission for 115 homes, allotments, public open space and highway access on land behind the infant school at North Road and Gunswell Lane.
Outline permission is also being sought for phase two of the development, a further 135 homes, medical centre and public open space.
The proposal follows consultation events in the town in December and January.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from Linden Homes said: “As part of the development Linden Homes will seek to deliver a health centre on the site, and has been in detailed discussions with the East Street surgery to develop these proposals.
“The project team has undertaken a thorough review of all the feedback received throughout the consultation process, and the proposals have been amended, taking on board the feedback where possible.”
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
For more information about the plans, visit www.lindenhomes-consultation.co.uk/southmolton or telephone 0800 2987040.