Homes and medical centre plan submitted to council
Hybrid application seeks permission for up to 250 houses in South Molton.
SWEEPING plans for a large-scale housing development and medical centre in South Molton have been submitted to North Devon Council planners.
A ‘hybrid’ application by Linden Homes initially seeks permission for 115 homes, allotments, public open space and highway access on land behind the infant school at North Road and Gunswell Lane.
Outline permission is also being sought for phase two of the development, a further 135 homes, medical centre and public open space.
The proposal follows consultation events in the town in December and January.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from Linden Homes said: “As part of the development Linden Homes will seek to deliver a health centre on the site, and has been in detailed discussions with the East Street surgery to develop these proposals.
“The project team has undertaken a thorough review of all the feedback received throughout the consultation process, and the proposals have been amended, taking on board the feedback where possible.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
For more information about the plans, visit www.lindenhomes-consultation.co.uk/southmolton or telephone 0800 2987040.