Holsworthy woman scoops national industry award
- Credit: Contributed
A woman from Holsworthy has won a national industry award.
Jane Axford was named the best performing student at the Builders Merchants Federation's (BMF) Members' Awards Dinner, held in Burton-on-Trent.
Jane, who works at Tamar Trading in Holsworthy, was announced as the national winner in front of hundreds of people from across the industry.
She said: "I have been working for the company for 22 years, starting on reception and then moving into sales, where I now work on the managerial side.
"I wanted to do the BMF Diploma in Merchant Management to continue my professional development and was delighted to get recognition at the national awards.
You may also want to watch:
"I find the work really interesting, especially the heavyside of the business such as structures, trusses and bricks.
"I really enjoy the variety that the day brings."
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 5 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 6 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 7 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
BMF CEO John Newcomb said: "Talented people such as Jane play a vital role in building excellence in our industry and we are delighted to see her commitment and enthusiasm recognised."