Holsworthy police warn of man stopping passing cars
- Credit: Archant
Motorists asked to call police on 101 if they spot the man who is reported to ask for money from passing motorists.
POLICE in Holsworthy have received reports of a man trying to flag down passing motorists.
The man, who was spotted in the Coles Mill bridge area, as well as in Tavistock and Okehampton, is described as Asian and around 30-years-old with a maroon coloured Mercedes.
Holsworthy Neighbourhood Police posted on Facebook today: “When people stop he comes out with various stories and asks to borrow some money so he can obtain fuel/medication etc.
“The male then offers some of his personal jewellery as security which later turns out to be worth nothing.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sees the man is told not to give him any money and to call police on non-emergency number 101.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed