Holsworthy police warn of man stopping passing cars
- Credit: Archant
Motorists asked to call police on 101 if they spot the man who is reported to ask for money from passing motorists.
POLICE in Holsworthy have received reports of a man trying to flag down passing motorists.
The man, who was spotted in the Coles Mill bridge area, as well as in Tavistock and Okehampton, is described as Asian and around 30-years-old with a maroon coloured Mercedes.
Holsworthy Neighbourhood Police posted on Facebook today: “When people stop he comes out with various stories and asks to borrow some money so he can obtain fuel/medication etc.
“The male then offers some of his personal jewellery as security which later turns out to be worth nothing.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sees the man is told not to give him any money and to call police on non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
- 10 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again