Holsworthy market redevelopment under the spotlight
TWO public consultation events have been planned on the proposed relocation of Holsworthy s livestock market and the redevelopment of the existing livestock market site in the town. Savills, the consulta
TWO public consultation events have been planned on the proposed relocation of Holsworthy's livestock market and the redevelopment of the existing livestock market site in the town.
Savills, the consultants employed by Torridge District Council, Devon County Council, Holsworthy Town Council and the South West Regional Development Agency, are to hold the events in the town's Memorial Hall on November 4 from 9.30am to 9pm, with an update event on December 1st from 6pm-9pm.
The consultation process will set out the issues and options relevant to the proposed relocation site for the livestock market to the north of the town and those relevant to the proposed redevelopment of the existing livestock market site.
Neil Jillings, from Savills' Exeter officer said: "This is an important opportunity for anyone living and working in Holsworthy and the surrounding area to let us know their views on the proposals."
You may also want to watch:
He was keen to hear as many views as possible so that these could be fed into the final Site Development Brief to be completed by the end of the year, he said.
Torridge District Councillor for Holsworthy Richard Brown also urged people to make their views known.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 8 Calls to reject latest bid for new homes at Chivenor Cross
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
"The livestock market forms the heartbeat of Holsworthy and its surrounds. It is important the final Site Development Brief realistically reflects the desires and aspirations from those with the biggest stake in the proposals, including local residents," he said.