Holsworthy market redevelopment under the spotlight
TWO public consultation events have been planned on the proposed relocation of Holsworthy s livestock market and the redevelopment of the existing livestock market site in the town. Savills, the consulta
TWO public consultation events have been planned on the proposed relocation of Holsworthy's livestock market and the redevelopment of the existing livestock market site in the town.
Savills, the consultants employed by Torridge District Council, Devon County Council, Holsworthy Town Council and the South West Regional Development Agency, are to hold the events in the town's Memorial Hall on November 4 from 9.30am to 9pm, with an update event on December 1st from 6pm-9pm.
The consultation process will set out the issues and options relevant to the proposed relocation site for the livestock market to the north of the town and those relevant to the proposed redevelopment of the existing livestock market site.
Neil Jillings, from Savills' Exeter officer said: "This is an important opportunity for anyone living and working in Holsworthy and the surrounding area to let us know their views on the proposals."
You may also want to watch:
He was keen to hear as many views as possible so that these could be fed into the final Site Development Brief to be completed by the end of the year, he said.
Torridge District Councillor for Holsworthy Richard Brown also urged people to make their views known.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
"The livestock market forms the heartbeat of Holsworthy and its surrounds. It is important the final Site Development Brief realistically reflects the desires and aspirations from those with the biggest stake in the proposals, including local residents," he said.