Holsworthy man arrested after fatal collision
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s has been arrested after two cyclists involved in a collision with a lorry at Newquay died this morning (Tues).
A HOLSWORTHY man has been bailed following a fatal collision in Newquay, Cornwall, this morning (Tuesday).
The 31-year-old was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after two cyclists, believed to be from Scotland, died in the collision on the A30.
Police were called to the scene after the cyclists, who are not believed to be from the local area, were involved in a collision with a lorry just after 8.30am.
The collision occurred in the eastbound carriageway at Summercourt, Newquay, and the road is likely to remain closed for some time.
You may also want to watch:
The man was released on police bail while investigations into the collision continue.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021