Holsworthy family pleads: Please bring Bailey home
A DOG which made it all the way from California to a new home in North Devon has gone missing and his owners are offering a reward to anyone who has information that will bring him home. Bailey the German short-haired pointer bolted after being frightened
A DOG which made it all the way from California to a new home in North Devon has gone missing and his owners are offering a reward to anyone who has information that will bring him home.
Bailey the German short-haired pointer bolted after being frightened by a gunshot in Holsworthy Woods on Sunday, January 24, and despite extensive efforts by owner Tracey Dempsey and her family to find him, he has not been seen since.
Tracey of St Giles-on-the Heath, her husband Steven and young son Ryder have only been in the area since last June, having previously lived for 10 years in the USA.
There she worked for pointer rescue and when returning to England she and her family brought three rescued pointers with them, including Bailey - at a cost of some �7,000.
You may also want to watch:
"I do love my dogs and spend a lot of money on them," she said.
Since Bailey went missing she are her family have been searching the area day and night, including with her other dogs and they have been joined by Diane Lewis of the North Devon Animal Ambulance, said Tracey.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West
She has also put up posters, contacted Animal Search UK and her sister has set up a Facebook entry on the Internet entitled Missing German Pointer, Devon Area.
"Everyone has been so nice, but still we have had no success," she said. "Bailey is microchipped and has a tag on his collar. He carries the details of my parents in Hemel Hempstead, with the telephone number 01442 398117."
She just could not believe there had been no sightings, said Tracey. The only possible clue so far was from a local farmer, who noticed dog footprints leading across his field away from Holsworthy. But that could be any dog, she admitted.
Tracey is particularly worried as the weather has been so cold. Her pointers do not have thick hair and generally wear coats in cold weather.
"Bailey is a German short haired pointer, with distinct marking, brown with white flecks. He looks young, but he's 10 years old and has health issues," she said. " I'm scared someone may have taken him and that it is freezing outside. I'm sick with worry. I am offering a reward for information leading to his return. Please contact me on 07791972394.