Holsworthy and Hatherleigh need you!
PEOPLE of Holsworthy and Hatherleigh - your community needs you! The two communities need people to help protect them by becoming retained firefighters. Firefighters have one of the most respected jobs in the community and retained firefighters, just
PEOPLE of Holsworthy and Hatherleigh - your community needs you!
The two communities need people to help protect them by becoming retained firefighters.
Firefighters have one of the most respected jobs in the community and retained firefighters, just like their full-time colleagues, are trained to deal with a wide range of incidents. This includes fires, of course, but also road traffic accidents, floods and hazardous materials. Community safety awareness is also a very important part of the role.
Bideford Watch Manager Mark Gregory said: "We urgently require new retained staff to help out in our rural communities and we are recruiting for Holsworthy and Hatherleigh at the moment. I would ask anyone who might be interested to contact the information line as soon as possible to find out more."
You may also want to watch:
Retained firefighters are not based at a fire station waiting for the alarm. They are on standby as they go about their everyday lives at work or home. When the call comes, they drop whatever they are doing and become part of the firefighting team.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is looking for people who are least 18 years old, physically fit, who live and work close to the fire station, who show common sense, commitment, enthusiasm, patience and understanding and who can be a team worker.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
In return there is: Training and the opportunity to learn new skills; an annual retainer and fees for emergency response, training sessions and other duties; long service bonus; plus respect, personal satisfaction and a social life.
Retained firefighters can come from any walk of life. The message is not to be put off by any pre-conceived ideas - you could be just what Hatherleigh and Holsworthy are looking for!
For further information phone the information line on (01392) 872346 or 872331 or visit www.dsfire.gov.uk