Holsworthy and Hatherleigh need you!
PEOPLE of Holsworthy and Hatherleigh - your community needs you! The two communities need people to help protect them by becoming retained firefighters. Firefighters have one of the most respected jobs in the community and retained firefighters, just
PEOPLE of Holsworthy and Hatherleigh - your community needs you!
The two communities need people to help protect them by becoming retained firefighters.
Firefighters have one of the most respected jobs in the community and retained firefighters, just like their full-time colleagues, are trained to deal with a wide range of incidents. This includes fires, of course, but also road traffic accidents, floods and hazardous materials. Community safety awareness is also a very important part of the role.
Bideford Watch Manager Mark Gregory said: "We urgently require new retained staff to help out in our rural communities and we are recruiting for Holsworthy and Hatherleigh at the moment. I would ask anyone who might be interested to contact the information line as soon as possible to find out more."
You may also want to watch:
Retained firefighters are not based at a fire station waiting for the alarm. They are on standby as they go about their everyday lives at work or home. When the call comes, they drop whatever they are doing and become part of the firefighting team.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service is looking for people who are least 18 years old, physically fit, who live and work close to the fire station, who show common sense, commitment, enthusiasm, patience and understanding and who can be a team worker.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 I lost eight stone and an extreme risk of diabetes
In return there is: Training and the opportunity to learn new skills; an annual retainer and fees for emergency response, training sessions and other duties; long service bonus; plus respect, personal satisfaction and a social life.
Retained firefighters can come from any walk of life. The message is not to be put off by any pre-conceived ideas - you could be just what Hatherleigh and Holsworthy are looking for!
For further information phone the information line on (01392) 872346 or 872331 or visit www.dsfire.gov.uk