Hollywood treatment for Barnstaple dancers
- Credit: Archant
Young performers will represent UK at LA dance festival.
YOUNG dancers from Barnstaple are to get the Hollywood treatment when the take part in global dance festival in Los Angeles next week.
Sixteen members of the Unlimited Dance Company will be flying out to the entertainment capital of the world to compete in the annual Dance Excellence competition, from April 13-19
It is the second year in a row the North Devon dance school has been invited to attend, and the lucky students, some as young as nine, can expect five-star treatment all the way.
Principal Sarah Clements said the dance school was one of only six UK schools invited to take part, and the only one from the West Country.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so proud of our students – we have been recognised for our dedication to the performing arts industry,” she said.
The dancers will be able to learn various dance classes, including ballet, contemporary, lyrical, musical theatre and tap.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
They will also get the chance to perform at Disneyland and attend a Hollywood show.