Holiday cash goes missing
POLICE in South Molton are hoping to prick a thief s conscience after a local couple were forced to cancel a dream holiday. The couple, from the Three Hammers area of Worlington, had saved what police describe as a substantial amount of money to go on t
POLICE in South Molton are hoping to prick a thief's conscience after a local couple were forced to cancel a dream holiday.
The couple, from the Three Hammers area of Worlington, had saved what police describe as a "substantial" amount of money to go on the once-in-a-lifetime trip abroad.
PC Neil O'Driscoll said they had saved the cash over a long period of time and only noticed the money had gone missing in June this year.
"The offence would have taken place between June 2009 and June 2010," said PC O'Driscoll.
You may also want to watch:
'This is a very unusual theft that has had quite a significant impact on the losers, as they had saved up to afford a dream trip abroad in celebration of a birthday and have now lost everything.
"I would urge anyone with any information to contact me at South Molton Police station so I can bring the matter to a satisfactory conclusion."
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 7 Veterans Charity to host Charity Car Wash at Barnstaple HQ
- 8 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 9 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
Anyone with any information can contact PC O'Driscoll on 08452 777444, quoting crime number CS/10/311.