Holiday cash goes missing
POLICE in South Molton are hoping to prick a thief s conscience after a local couple were forced to cancel a dream holiday. The couple, from the Three Hammers area of Worlington, had saved what police describe as a substantial amount of money to go on t
POLICE in South Molton are hoping to prick a thief's conscience after a local couple were forced to cancel a dream holiday.
The couple, from the Three Hammers area of Worlington, had saved what police describe as a "substantial" amount of money to go on the once-in-a-lifetime trip abroad.
PC Neil O'Driscoll said they had saved the cash over a long period of time and only noticed the money had gone missing in June this year.
"The offence would have taken place between June 2009 and June 2010," said PC O'Driscoll.
You may also want to watch:
'This is a very unusual theft that has had quite a significant impact on the losers, as they had saved up to afford a dream trip abroad in celebration of a birthday and have now lost everything.
"I would urge anyone with any information to contact me at South Molton Police station so I can bring the matter to a satisfactory conclusion."
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
Anyone with any information can contact PC O'Driscoll on 08452 777444, quoting crime number CS/10/311.