Holiday cash goes missing
POLICE in South Molton are hoping to prick a thief s conscience after a local couple were forced to cancel a dream holiday. The couple, from the Three Hammers area of Worlington, had saved what police describe as a substantial amount of money to go on t
POLICE in South Molton are hoping to prick a thief's conscience after a local couple were forced to cancel a dream holiday.
The couple, from the Three Hammers area of Worlington, had saved what police describe as a "substantial" amount of money to go on the once-in-a-lifetime trip abroad.
PC Neil O'Driscoll said they had saved the cash over a long period of time and only noticed the money had gone missing in June this year.
"The offence would have taken place between June 2009 and June 2010," said PC O'Driscoll.
You may also want to watch:
'This is a very unusual theft that has had quite a significant impact on the losers, as they had saved up to afford a dream trip abroad in celebration of a birthday and have now lost everything.
"I would urge anyone with any information to contact me at South Molton Police station so I can bring the matter to a satisfactory conclusion."
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
Anyone with any information can contact PC O'Driscoll on 08452 777444, quoting crime number CS/10/311.