Hoist a cup for Macmillan
Join the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning at events across North Devon this Friday (September 28).
KETTLES will be whistling and percolators popping as people across North Devon gather on Friday to support the Macmillan World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
Last year more than two-and-half million people took part nationwide, raising �10 million for the charity and this year looks equally busy with events at private homes, village halls and business premises across the region.
This includes the Big Sheep near Bideford, which is offering free entry during the coffee morning from 10am-12 noon and is also inviting people to enjoy free ChaSamba dancercise sessions with instructor Anthony Pendlebury.
Yeoldon House hotel in Bideford is offering tea, coffee and home-baked cakes from 10am-2pm. The Hoops Inn on the A39 is having coffee from 10am-12 noon.
You may also want to watch:
Marwood Hill Garden Tea Rooms near Barnstaple is also open for coffee from 10am, as is The Lantern Centre at Ilfracombe from 10am-2pm, plus the Ilfracombe High Street office of Bond Oxborough Phillips from 10am-12 noon.
Chulmleigh Town Hall is hosting an event from 9-11am, while Umberleigh Christian Fellowship invites all to join them at the village hall from 10.30am-12.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
Barnstaple coffee drinkers can visit the Castle Centre from 10am, Padfields Funeral Service from 10.30am, the Cedars at Bickington, Forches Community Association in Barton Road from 11am and Bishops Tawton Village Hall from 10am.
Barclays Bank branches in Barnstaple, Bideford, Ilfracombe and South Molton will be hosting coffee mornings too.
For more local events, go to our What’s On listing on page 28, or find a World’s Biggest Coffee Morning near you at http://coffee.macmillan.org.uk