Historic pub will reopen as a cocktail bar
New Barnstaple business will support local charities at special preview evenings
A FORMER Barnstaple pub is opening as a cocktail and wine bar next month.
The Grade II-listed North Country Inn, in Mermaid Walk, has been refurbished by businessman James Li, who owns the Fullam Chinese restaurant in Tuly Street.
The pub, which dates back to the mid 18th century, closed in spring 2009 and will re-open as Shintori on May 6.
“The concept of Shintori is ‘all day venue for sociable refreshment,’” said Mr Li.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a space to comfortably lounge and lunch in the afternoon, and sip sophisticated cocktails throughout the evening while catching up with friends in affordable luxury.”
Mr Li has recruited expert mixologist Rikki Brodrick to create the cocktails that he hopes will be a hit with customers.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
Before the official opening, Shintori is hosting two ticket-only special preview evenings in aid of Children’s Hospice South West and Amigos.
A Royal Wedding party is being held for Amigos on Friday, April 29 and a Casino Royale-themed evening takes place on Sunday, May 1 in aid of the hospice. For more information, contact the Fullam Restaurant on (01271) 328882.