High winds forecast for North Devon
Gusts could reach up to 65mph along coastal areas, warns Met Office.
HIGH winds are forecast to hit North Devon tomorrow (Thurs) with the Met Office issuing a yellow weather warning across the South West.
Strong south-westerly winds with gusts of 50mph are expected fairly widely with gusts of 55-65mph along the coasts.
The warning, issued this morning, runs from 9am until 9pm tomorrow.
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “A vigorous area of low pressure continues to develop to the west of Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
“It will then drift eastwards across Ireland on Thursday, reaching northern England by the end of Thursday.
“To the south of the low pressure a swathe of gales is likely to extend across southern Britain.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
“The warning area has now been extended further east in the south, to cater for increasing winds here during Thursday afternoon.”
The high winds could cause some disruption to transport as well as damage to trees, the Met Office warned.