High tides for picture perfect Bideford
HIGH spring tides and perfectly still early evening conditions set a wonderful watery scene in Bideford yesterday evening (Tuesday). A 6.5metre tide – one of the highest of the year – saw the River Torridge tickle the top of the archways on Bideford Longbridge at
HIGH spring tides and perfectly still early evening conditions set a wonderful watery scene in Bideford yesterday evening (Tuesday).
A 6.5metre tide - one of the highest of the year - saw the River Torridge tickle the top of the archways on Bideford Longbridge at around 6.30pm.
The water was just high enough to spill over into the Clarence Wharf car park in East-the-Water. Similar sized tides can be expected today and tomorrow.
For more photos of the beautiful scenery North Devon has to offer, browse the pictures in our online “Your Pictures” gallery at www.northdevongazette.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Readers can also submit their own favourite pictures to the gallery.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe