High tides for picture perfect Bideford
HIGH spring tides and perfectly still early evening conditions set a wonderful watery scene in Bideford yesterday evening (Tuesday). A 6.5metre tide – one of the highest of the year – saw the River Torridge tickle the top of the archways on Bideford Longbridge at
HIGH spring tides and perfectly still early evening conditions set a wonderful watery scene in Bideford yesterday evening (Tuesday).
A 6.5metre tide - one of the highest of the year - saw the River Torridge tickle the top of the archways on Bideford Longbridge at around 6.30pm.
The water was just high enough to spill over into the Clarence Wharf car park in East-the-Water. Similar sized tides can be expected today and tomorrow.
For more photos of the beautiful scenery North Devon has to offer, browse the pictures in our online “Your Pictures” gallery at www.northdevongazette.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Readers can also submit their own favourite pictures to the gallery.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park