High tides for picture perfect Bideford
HIGH spring tides and perfectly still early evening conditions set a wonderful watery scene in Bideford yesterday evening (Tuesday). A 6.5metre tide – one of the highest of the year – saw the River Torridge tickle the top of the archways on Bideford Longbridge at
HIGH spring tides and perfectly still early evening conditions set a wonderful watery scene in Bideford yesterday evening (Tuesday).
A 6.5metre tide - one of the highest of the year - saw the River Torridge tickle the top of the archways on Bideford Longbridge at around 6.30pm.
The water was just high enough to spill over into the Clarence Wharf car park in East-the-Water. Similar sized tides can be expected today and tomorrow.
For more photos of the beautiful scenery North Devon has to offer, browse the pictures in our online “Your Pictures” gallery at www.northdevongazette.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Readers can also submit their own favourite pictures to the gallery.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online