High Street Car Park in Ilfracombe under new ownership
- Credit: P2
The 112 space High Street Car Park in Ilfracombe has changed hands for the first time in 45 years, having been recently acquired by P2 Parking.
Jonathon Seddon, director of P2 Parking explained, “We liked the High Street Car Park from the first time we saw it, despite the fact there were only three cars in it - and one of those was ours! We saw it was in a great position, but that it was too expensive for users and was suffering from a lack of TLC and investment.”
To that end the company have already been busy improving safety by installing new low energy lighting, deterring any crime with high-definition CCTV cameras and have installed three modern parking machines that accept payment by cash, card or through the RingGo app.
Jonathon commented: “We are fully aware that local businesses have had an exceptionally tough time recently and we believe that through our ownership of the car park we can play an important part in the recovery of the High Street by providing a safe, cheap and convenient place for visitors to park.”
“The Peak Season hourly rate has been reduced so it’s now the cheapest in the town centre and in the Low Season, once the visitors have gone home, parking will only cost £1 for a full 24 hours, making it exceptionally cheap for workers and shoppers alike.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve also brought in a £1.50 overnight tariff as we’re aware that many of the local hotels and guest houses lack their own parking facilities and if we can help them to prosper by providing affordable parking facilities for their residents, that’s fantastic. Users parking overnight can enjoy a leisurely breakfast and collect their car by 9.30am the following day.”
“We look forward to playing our part in a busy and thriving Ilfracombe town centre.”
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer