High praise for ‘iconic’ beachside hotel
Saunton Sands gets a double hit of national publicity ahead of the Easter break.
AN iconic North Devon Hotel has been given a double dose of national publicity with two glowing reviews ahead of the Easter holidays.
The Saunton Sands Hotel is featured in the newly-launched ‘Cool Places’ website, a directory of the best places to sleep, eat and drink in the UK.
The website, set up by the founders of ‘Rough Guides’ and ‘Cool Camping’, features independent reviews by experienced travel writers.
The write-up says: “Come here for a room with a view, there are none better than those from this medium-sized hotel above Staunton beach.
You may also want to watch:
“Continuous refurbishment maintains four-star standards, while remaining faithful to the art deco architecture, and although there’s a sprinkling of St.Tropez glamour to the outdoor pool and restaurant set above that epic spread of sand, the hotel still finds space for a cr�che and kids ‘club.”
The hotel, part of the family-run Brend Hotels group, also features as a ‘Hot Hotel’ in the April edition of the glossy Coast magazine.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
Writer, Clare Russell, praises the hotel’s location, food and accommodation and beauty treatments.