High praise for ‘iconic’ beachside hotel
Saunton Sands gets a double hit of national publicity ahead of the Easter break.
AN iconic North Devon Hotel has been given a double dose of national publicity with two glowing reviews ahead of the Easter holidays.
The Saunton Sands Hotel is featured in the newly-launched ‘Cool Places’ website, a directory of the best places to sleep, eat and drink in the UK.
The website, set up by the founders of ‘Rough Guides’ and ‘Cool Camping’, features independent reviews by experienced travel writers.
The write-up says: “Come here for a room with a view, there are none better than those from this medium-sized hotel above Staunton beach.
You may also want to watch:
“Continuous refurbishment maintains four-star standards, while remaining faithful to the art deco architecture, and although there’s a sprinkling of St.Tropez glamour to the outdoor pool and restaurant set above that epic spread of sand, the hotel still finds space for a cr�che and kids ‘club.”
The hotel, part of the family-run Brend Hotels group, also features as a ‘Hot Hotel’ in the April edition of the glossy Coast magazine.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
Writer, Clare Russell, praises the hotel’s location, food and accommodation and beauty treatments.