High praise for ‘iconic’ beachside hotel
Saunton Sands gets a double hit of national publicity ahead of the Easter break.
AN iconic North Devon Hotel has been given a double dose of national publicity with two glowing reviews ahead of the Easter holidays.
The Saunton Sands Hotel is featured in the newly-launched ‘Cool Places’ website, a directory of the best places to sleep, eat and drink in the UK.
The website, set up by the founders of ‘Rough Guides’ and ‘Cool Camping’, features independent reviews by experienced travel writers.
The write-up says: “Come here for a room with a view, there are none better than those from this medium-sized hotel above Staunton beach.
You may also want to watch:
“Continuous refurbishment maintains four-star standards, while remaining faithful to the art deco architecture, and although there’s a sprinkling of St.Tropez glamour to the outdoor pool and restaurant set above that epic spread of sand, the hotel still finds space for a cr�che and kids ‘club.”
The hotel, part of the family-run Brend Hotels group, also features as a ‘Hot Hotel’ in the April edition of the glossy Coast magazine.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
Writer, Clare Russell, praises the hotel’s location, food and accommodation and beauty treatments.