‘Heroin’ found during raid at Barnstaple home
Wraps thought to contain the class A drug are seized during afternoon bust
POLICE found hard drugs thought to be destined for the street at a raid in Barnstaple.
Officers discovered wraps containing what they believe to be heroin at a home in Barbican Terrace at around 2pm on Wednesday.
PC Terry Hodgson, of the Barnstaple neighbourhood beat team, said: “This was a co-ordinated and dynamic operation intended to impact on the distribution of class A drugs within the town.
“This warrant is one of a series of operations aimed at directly targeting those who seek to blight our community with their extremely harmful and illegal activities.
You may also want to watch:
“We make every effort to inform local residents of the actions we have taken, and I would urge anyone with information relating to drugs use within their community to contact their local officers to assist in this effort.”
A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs with intent to supply and has been released on police bail until Wednesday, June 15.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 10 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis