‘Heroin’ found during raid at Barnstaple home
Wraps thought to contain the class A drug are seized during afternoon bust
POLICE found hard drugs thought to be destined for the street at a raid in Barnstaple.
Officers discovered wraps containing what they believe to be heroin at a home in Barbican Terrace at around 2pm on Wednesday.
PC Terry Hodgson, of the Barnstaple neighbourhood beat team, said: “This was a co-ordinated and dynamic operation intended to impact on the distribution of class A drugs within the town.
“This warrant is one of a series of operations aimed at directly targeting those who seek to blight our community with their extremely harmful and illegal activities.
You may also want to watch:
“We make every effort to inform local residents of the actions we have taken, and I would urge anyone with information relating to drugs use within their community to contact their local officers to assist in this effort.”
A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs with intent to supply and has been released on police bail until Wednesday, June 15.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon