Heroic fund raising total for community centre
Ilfracombe’s Candar Community Centre raises a whopping �3,500 for Help for Heroes.
A 12 month round of bingos, raffles, coffee mornings and beetle drives has helped an Ilfracombe centre to once again raise an impressive amount of money for Help for Heroes.
The Candar Community Centre has collected �3,500 for the charity for wounded service personnel, fund raisers excelling themselves to beat their 2010 total of �2,500.
The centre holds coffee mornings every Friday, including a raffle, cake and refreshment sales, as well as a variety of monthly events.
Their dedication has seen them raise a total of �8,500 over the past three years.
Accepting the cheque on behalf of the charity, Sergeant Sophie Morris from the Army Careers Office Barnstaple, said: “For such a small community, it’s amazing. They have done brilliantly by raising �3,500 plus all the funds from previous years.”
All are welcome to go along to the coffee morning plus a raffle every Friday from 10am-12 noon, with all welcome.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 6 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 7 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 10 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward