Heritage open weekend at Combe Martin church
A wealth of history and heritage will be on display at Combe martin Parish Church from Friday to Sunday this weekend (May 28-30.) St Peter Ad Vincula is hosting Your Heritage Weekend, a chance to find out more about the ancient building and its past, with
A wealth of history and heritage will be on display at Combe martin Parish Church from Friday to Sunday this weekend (May 28-30.)
St Peter Ad Vincula is hosting Your Heritage Weekend, a chance to find out more about the ancient building and its past, with guided tours, exhibitions and activities.
The hidden face of the medieval roodscreen - one of the few surviving examples - has slowly been brought back to life through the Roodscreen Conservation Project and visitors can see how it has been progressing.
Guided tours on Saturday and Sunday at 11am also include the chance to climb the church tower and enjoy the view from 99 feet up!
You may also want to watch:
The church is open from 10am each day and Exhibitions throughout the weekend include displays about the church bells silver mining in Combe martin, tapestry, wood turning and carpentry.
On Saturday there will be a medieval sing-along workshop at 10am and a stained glass tour and design workshop at 10.30.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 9 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 10 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
Refreshments and farm house teas will be offered every day from 10am-12 noon and 3-6pm.
Sunday services will be held at 8 and 9.30am, with Bell Ringers' Songs of Praise at 6.30pm.