Heritage open weekend at Combe Martin church
A wealth of history and heritage will be on display at Combe martin Parish Church from Friday to Sunday this weekend (May 28-30.) St Peter Ad Vincula is hosting Your Heritage Weekend, a chance to find out more about the ancient building and its past, with
A wealth of history and heritage will be on display at Combe martin Parish Church from Friday to Sunday this weekend (May 28-30.)
St Peter Ad Vincula is hosting Your Heritage Weekend, a chance to find out more about the ancient building and its past, with guided tours, exhibitions and activities.
The hidden face of the medieval roodscreen - one of the few surviving examples - has slowly been brought back to life through the Roodscreen Conservation Project and visitors can see how it has been progressing.
Guided tours on Saturday and Sunday at 11am also include the chance to climb the church tower and enjoy the view from 99 feet up!
The church is open from 10am each day and Exhibitions throughout the weekend include displays about the church bells silver mining in Combe martin, tapestry, wood turning and carpentry.
On Saturday there will be a medieval sing-along workshop at 10am and a stained glass tour and design workshop at 10.30.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 8 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 9 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 10 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
Refreshments and farm house teas will be offered every day from 10am-12 noon and 3-6pm.
Sunday services will be held at 8 and 9.30am, with Bell Ringers' Songs of Praise at 6.30pm.