Help turn Bideford Christmas lights on
BIDEFORD Town Council is on the lookout for volunteers to help marshall at the town s annual Christmas lights switch-on event. An estimated 15,000 filled the quayside and High Street in 2008 – and the council is expecting large crowds at this year s event
BIDEFORD Town Council is on the lookout for volunteers to help marshall at the town's annual Christmas lights switch-on event.
An estimated 15,000 filled the quayside and High Street in 2008 - and the council is expecting large crowds at this year's event, taking place on Saturday, November 28.
Town clerk George McLauchlan said: "We're really struggling for marshalls this year; the event has grown so big in such a short amount of time that we need some more help."
Volunteers would need to be available to help out from around 4-8pm.
You may also want to watch:
To offer to help, telephone Mr McLauchlan on (01237) 428938.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386