Help turn Bideford Christmas lights on
BIDEFORD Town Council is on the lookout for volunteers to help marshall at the town s annual Christmas lights switch-on event. An estimated 15,000 filled the quayside and High Street in 2008 – and the council is expecting large crowds at this year s event
BIDEFORD Town Council is on the lookout for volunteers to help marshall at the town's annual Christmas lights switch-on event.
An estimated 15,000 filled the quayside and High Street in 2008 - and the council is expecting large crowds at this year's event, taking place on Saturday, November 28.
Town clerk George McLauchlan said: "We're really struggling for marshalls this year; the event has grown so big in such a short amount of time that we need some more help."
Volunteers would need to be available to help out from around 4-8pm.
You may also want to watch:
To offer to help, telephone Mr McLauchlan on (01237) 428938.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 3 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 9 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land