Help support North Devon cancer services
North Devon Cancer Link Group is seeking new members.
PEOPLE who have been affected by cancer are being urged to have their say on the future of services in North Devon.
The North Devon Cancer Link Group is looking for more members to join its monthly meetings at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
The group is for anyone in North Devon who is or has been a patient, carer or relative of someone who has experienced NHS cancer care and treatment.
Members look at how to improve patient experience and feedback helps to shape future services.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte Overney, lead nurse for cancer services, said meetings were informal and interactive:
“The group looks at services for cancer patients from the patient’s prospective,” she said.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
“We would like a lot more members – of all ages and walks of life. If anyone is interested in coming along to see what it’s like, they’d be most welcome.”
New members are welcome to join the next meeting of the group at NDDH on Monday, November 19. They can also attend a special Christmas dinner meeting in Barnstaple on Monday, December 17. To go along to either, call the number below.
It also works closely with the Peninsula Cancer Network’s patient involvement group, which helps to share best practice across the region.
Northern Devon Healthcare Trust runs a number of support groups for patients which meet regularly at local venues, tailored for various forms of cancer.
For more information about the Cancer Link Group or the support groups, call Charlotte Overney on 01271 314010.