Help support North Devon cancer services
North Devon Cancer Link Group is seeking new members.
PEOPLE who have been affected by cancer are being urged to have their say on the future of services in North Devon.
The North Devon Cancer Link Group is looking for more members to join its monthly meetings at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple.
The group is for anyone in North Devon who is or has been a patient, carer or relative of someone who has experienced NHS cancer care and treatment.
Members look at how to improve patient experience and feedback helps to shape future services.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte Overney, lead nurse for cancer services, said meetings were informal and interactive:
“The group looks at services for cancer patients from the patient’s prospective,” she said.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
“We would like a lot more members – of all ages and walks of life. If anyone is interested in coming along to see what it’s like, they’d be most welcome.”
New members are welcome to join the next meeting of the group at NDDH on Monday, November 19. They can also attend a special Christmas dinner meeting in Barnstaple on Monday, December 17. To go along to either, call the number below.
It also works closely with the Peninsula Cancer Network’s patient involvement group, which helps to share best practice across the region.
Northern Devon Healthcare Trust runs a number of support groups for patients which meet regularly at local venues, tailored for various forms of cancer.
For more information about the Cancer Link Group or the support groups, call Charlotte Overney on 01271 314010.