Help RNLI fly the flag in Ilfracombe
Join Ilfracombe lifeboats to celebrate Flag Week from August 4-11.
ILFRACOMBE RNLI is busy gearing up for the start of its annual Flag Week.
On Saturday volunteers will hit the streets of Braunton for the yearly street collection and on Sunday everyone is invited to the Annual Lifeboat Service, at Ilfracombe Lifeboat Station from 6.30pm.
On Wednesday (August 8) both lifeboats will be in action at Ilfracombe Rescue Day and volunteers will be busy at the station with stalls, raffles and tombola. There will be refreshments and the ever RNLI barbecue. The station will be open from 10am-4pm.
Friday, August 10 sees visitors welcomed to the lifeboat station for the Annual Open Day, to meet some of the volunteer crew members and go on board the all-weather lifeboat, Spirit of Derbyshire. Open from 10am-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
on Saturday, August 11, volunteers will be out and about on the streets of Ilfracombe for the annual street collection and there will be light refreshments served at the lifeboat station from around 10.30am.
“We have a busy few days ahead of us and we are hoping for a fantastic response from the public, as we have had in previous years,” said RNLI fund raising branch chairman, Tony Gillam.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon
“Of course, we cannot carry out all of these events and collections without the help and support of our volunteers, to whom we are extremely grateful.”