Help RNLI fly the flag in Ilfracombe
Join Ilfracombe lifeboats to celebrate Flag Week from August 4-11.
ILFRACOMBE RNLI is busy gearing up for the start of its annual Flag Week.
On Saturday volunteers will hit the streets of Braunton for the yearly street collection and on Sunday everyone is invited to the Annual Lifeboat Service, at Ilfracombe Lifeboat Station from 6.30pm.
On Wednesday (August 8) both lifeboats will be in action at Ilfracombe Rescue Day and volunteers will be busy at the station with stalls, raffles and tombola. There will be refreshments and the ever RNLI barbecue. The station will be open from 10am-4pm.
Friday, August 10 sees visitors welcomed to the lifeboat station for the Annual Open Day, to meet some of the volunteer crew members and go on board the all-weather lifeboat, Spirit of Derbyshire. Open from 10am-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
on Saturday, August 11, volunteers will be out and about on the streets of Ilfracombe for the annual street collection and there will be light refreshments served at the lifeboat station from around 10.30am.
“We have a busy few days ahead of us and we are hoping for a fantastic response from the public, as we have had in previous years,” said RNLI fund raising branch chairman, Tony Gillam.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
“Of course, we cannot carry out all of these events and collections without the help and support of our volunteers, to whom we are extremely grateful.”