Help prepare the Landkey Big Lunch
THE Landkey Big Lunch is back for seconds this summer and organisers would like to hear from anyone who can help serve up a special occasion for the village. On Sunday, July 18, the entire community – and all their friends – are invited to the free street
THE Landkey Big Lunch is back for seconds this summer and organisers would like to hear from anyone who can help serve up a special occasion for the village.
On Sunday, July 18, the entire community - and all their friends - are invited to the free street party in Manor Road outside the Ring O' Bells pub from 1-5pm.
There will be music, children's games, competitions and food at the community event, which is being held as part of the nationwide Big Lunch pioneered last year.
Organisers are keen to hear from anyone able to join the committee, as well as help out on the day itself.
You may also want to watch:
The 51st North Devon (Bishops Tawton) Scout Group have already offered to help and run various stalls.
Any local musicians who would like to sing or play on the day are also very welcome.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
If you'd like to join the Landkey Big Lunch, contact Chris Wingham at the Ring O' Bells on (01271) 830364.
The notion of the Big Lunch was dreamed up by Paul Twivy and Tim Smit of the Eden Project, with people everywhere invited to organise their own Big Lunch events on Sunday, July 18, whether as a street party or simply getting together with the neighbours. Visit www.thebiglunch.com to find out more.