Help make puppets for Barnstaple Christmas parade
YOUNG arts and crafts fans are being invited to join in with an event that will see their work feature in a parade scelebrating Barnstaple s Christmas lights switch-on. Barnstaple Town Centre Management and The Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon are ho
YOUNG arts and crafts fans are being invited to join in with an event that will see their work feature in a parade scelebrating Barnstaple's Christmas lights switch-on.
Barnstaple Town Centre Management and The Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon are holding a series of workshops for children where they will help to build two giant puppets on the theme of the spirit of Christmas.
The finished puppets will then lead the parade on Sunday, November 22 along with Barnstaple Town Youth Band and the Lampard Vachell samba band.
Councillor Dick Jones, Lead Member for Community and Leisure, said: "This time of year is all about getting into the spirit of Christmas. Events like these, are great for getting young members of our communities together and involved in a project that they will be able to enjoy after. The parade is going to be a fantastic event and I am looking forward to seeing the results of all their hard work."
You may also want to watch:
Craig Bulley, Barnstaple Town Centre Manager, said: "We are delighted to be working closely with the Museum team to provide this fantastic opportunity to involve young people in the spectacle of the winter festival launch and lights switch-on."
The free workshops are being held at 5 Cross Street in Barnstaple on Wednesday 4 November, Wednesday 11 November and Wednesday 18 November from 4pm - 5.30pm. Just turn up on the day.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land