Help make Barnstaple party go with a bang
Firms urged to support this month’s New Year’s Eve spectacular
ORGANISERS of Barnstaple’s New Year’s Eve celebrations are appealing to local businesses to get on board and help make this year’s party bigger than ever.
The small team of volunteers behind the event, now in its fourth year, has joined forces with The Sign Shop and is inviting firms to show their support by donating as little as �300.
“We can now offer businesses large printed banners to display at the event and keep afterwards,” said co-organiser, Barnstaple Mayor Cllr Ian Roome. “The most expensive option is just �300, so for the amount of coverage the businesses will get, it’s a bargain.
“Many firms have already pledged financial support but this year has been extremely tough to get funds, so we need people’s help more than ever.”
You may also want to watch:
All sponsors and supporters will get an advert and link on the event website and Facebook group, as well as numerous mentions on stage to potentially around 10,000 people, added Mr Roome.
This year’s free event will come to life from 9pm, with music and stage entertainment hosted by James Chapple, children’s fairground rides, food vans and a huge firework display at midnight.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
The organisers are also looking for volunteer charity collectors and marshals for the event.
Anyone wishing to volunteer or to become a sponsor, can contact James on 0844 873 2257 or email email@example.com