Help for those struggling with mortgages
A Devon-wide advice service has helped more than 150 people struggling with their mortgages. Home owners in Devon who are worried about maintaining their mortgage payments have been accessing free advice and help from local charity Homemaker Southwest.
A Devon-wide advice service has helped more than 150 people struggling with their mortgages.
Home owners in Devon who are worried about maintaining their mortgage payments have been accessing free advice and help from local charity Homemaker Southwest.
Funded by the Devon Strategic Housing Group, the service offers free, independent and confidential advice to homeowners about managing their mortgage payments during the current economic climate.
The Devon wide service went live at the beginning of the year and in the first six months has already advised 151 people on the options that are available.
You may also want to watch:
A helpline advisor said: "I receive calls daily from people who have either lost their jobs or had their hours reduced. It is encouraging that many of these people are seeking advice at a very early stage, even before they get into arrears with their payments. I listen to their concerns and point them in the right direction to obtain further help, as well as explaining about benefits and new government initiatives."
Anyone worried about not being able to maintain their mortgage payments can contact the dedicated telephone helpline on (01392) 686760 for initial advice about their options as well as a free, comprehensive advice pack.
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 8 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank