Help for those struggling with mortgages
A Devon-wide advice service has helped more than 150 people struggling with their mortgages. Home owners in Devon who are worried about maintaining their mortgage payments have been accessing free advice and help from local charity Homemaker Southwest.
A Devon-wide advice service has helped more than 150 people struggling with their mortgages.
Home owners in Devon who are worried about maintaining their mortgage payments have been accessing free advice and help from local charity Homemaker Southwest.
Funded by the Devon Strategic Housing Group, the service offers free, independent and confidential advice to homeowners about managing their mortgage payments during the current economic climate.
The Devon wide service went live at the beginning of the year and in the first six months has already advised 151 people on the options that are available.
You may also want to watch:
A helpline advisor said: "I receive calls daily from people who have either lost their jobs or had their hours reduced. It is encouraging that many of these people are seeking advice at a very early stage, even before they get into arrears with their payments. I listen to their concerns and point them in the right direction to obtain further help, as well as explaining about benefits and new government initiatives."
Anyone worried about not being able to maintain their mortgage payments can contact the dedicated telephone helpline on (01392) 686760 for initial advice about their options as well as a free, comprehensive advice pack.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall