Help for those struggling with mortgages
A Devon-wide advice service has helped more than 150 people struggling with their mortgages. Home owners in Devon who are worried about maintaining their mortgage payments have been accessing free advice and help from local charity Homemaker Southwest.
A Devon-wide advice service has helped more than 150 people struggling with their mortgages.
Home owners in Devon who are worried about maintaining their mortgage payments have been accessing free advice and help from local charity Homemaker Southwest.
Funded by the Devon Strategic Housing Group, the service offers free, independent and confidential advice to homeowners about managing their mortgage payments during the current economic climate.
The Devon wide service went live at the beginning of the year and in the first six months has already advised 151 people on the options that are available.
You may also want to watch:
A helpline advisor said: "I receive calls daily from people who have either lost their jobs or had their hours reduced. It is encouraging that many of these people are seeking advice at a very early stage, even before they get into arrears with their payments. I listen to their concerns and point them in the right direction to obtain further help, as well as explaining about benefits and new government initiatives."
Anyone worried about not being able to maintain their mortgage payments can contact the dedicated telephone helpline on (01392) 686760 for initial advice about their options as well as a free, comprehensive advice pack.
- 1 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 4 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 5 Veterans Charity to host Charity Car Wash at Barnstaple HQ
- 6 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 7 Motorcyclist denied dangerous driving after quad bike crash
- 8 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 9 Hospice volunteer reaches out to 325 bereaved people during lockdown
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon