Help for North Devon people with sight and hearing loss
MORE than 60 people attended the See Hear Centre s first information day in Bideford. The day provided the opportunity for people with impaired sight or hearing, their families and carers to learn more about the support available to them from the See Hear
MORE than 60 people attended the See Hear Centre's first information day in Bideford.
The day provided the opportunity for people with impaired sight or hearing, their families and carers to learn more about the support available to them from the See Hear centre, other charitable organisations and the local authorities.
Adam Symons, the lead member for health at Torridge District Council, said: "With a large elderly population in our local area, it is all the more important that we ensure that the needs of individuals with sight or hearing impairments are met and that they are aware of the support available to them. The services provided by organisations such as the See Hear Centre go a huge way in helping to improve the standard of living for these individuals. Furthermore, simple technology available through these organisations, such as large key telephones or vibrating smoke alarms, play a vital role in improving their safety and making every day tasks easier."
The See Hear Centre is based near the Bear Street car park in Barnstaple and is open every Tuesday between 9am and 5pm. It provides information on support available to people with sight and hearing loss and is also stocked with a range of helpful demonstration equipment which people are able to try at home before they buy.
You may also want to watch:
The centre can be contacted on (01271) 373236.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman