Help for Braunton people with long-term health problems
BRAUNTON people living with long-term health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, MS and arthritis are to be offered free support from trained tutors. A new course will be launched on March 17 at Braunton Parish Hall in Chaloners Road and will be held ever
BRAUNTONpeople living with long-term health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, MS and arthritis are to be offered free support from trained tutors.
A new course will be launched on March 17 at Braunton Parish Hall in Chaloners Road and will be held every Wednesday for six weeks, from 2pm until 4.30pm.
The Expert Patient Programme (EPP), run by NHS Devon is aimed at helping people develop skills, confidence and knowledge, achieving the greatest possible physical capability and pleasure from life, despite living with a chronic health condition.
The programme is led by trained tutors, who themselves have experience of living with a long-term health condition. Research shows the benefits of attendance can lead to better symptom control, fewer visits to hospital and an increase in quality of life.
You may also want to watch:
NHS Devon also runs Looking after Me courses for carers who look after a person with a long tem condition.
All these courses are free, but it is advisable to book early in order to secure a place. Anyone who would like to attend any of these courses should call free on 0800 073 0792 or email d-pc.EPP@nhs.net
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer