How you can help decorate Barnstaple Pannier Market this Christmas
- Credit: Contributed
Schools, businesses and community groups are being invited to help deck the halls of Barnstaple Pannier Market for Christmas.
Barnstaple Town Centre Management is calling on the community to design and decorate Christmas wreathes to decorate the market over the festive period.
There is no set theme and groups are welcome to choose designs which represent their organisation.
The wreathes, which are two metres in diameter, will be supplied and they come with a 20m set of lights.
They will then be displayed in the market with a plaque underneath stating who has designed it.
You may also want to watch:
Town centre manager Hannah Harrington said: "We are delighted to be able to be able to offer this opportunity to local organisations again.
"The quality of the designs last year was outstanding and we can't wait to see the creative treatment they will receive this year.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
"I am sure that they will once again make the market look wonderfully festive and attract many more visitors to the market over the Christmas period."
To take part, email firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch via the Barnstaple - It's a Must Facebook page.