Help council track illegal Torridge fly tippers
TORRIDGE District Council is appealing to the public for information after rubble and other building waste was illegally dumped in a country lane near Bideford. The council has launched an investigation after a member of the public reported the tip - in a
TORRIDGE District Council is appealing to the public for information after rubble and other building waste was illegally dumped in a country lane near Bideford.
The council has launched an investigation after a member of the public reported the tip - in a layby between Webbery Cross and Gammaton Moor - to Environmental Crime Officer Andy Fenge on June 19.
Mr Fenge said it was understood that a white flat back lorry was seen in the area around the time of the tipping.
"There are three piles of rubble and some quite distinctive green guttering lying about - probably from a local building job," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The council's Lead Member for Environmental Health, Councillor Barry Parsons, added: "Fly tipping is behaviour that is totally irresponsible, unnecessary, selfish, and potentially dangerous for our people, our animals, as well as our environment."
Anyone with any information on this or any other incidents of fly-tipping, illegal disposal of trade waste, or nuisance dumping of household rubbish, can contact Andy Fenge in confidence on (01237) 428734 or 428890.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 8 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 9 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'