Heddon valley is top dog walk
- Credit: Archant
South West Coast Path chooses the beauty spot near Parracombe as the best walkies in the peninsula.
HEDDON Valley at Hunters Inn has been voted the best dog walk in the west by users of the South West Coast Path.
The steep Exmoor coombe near Parracombe with its stream, craggy hillsides and gorse covered slopes is a great favourite with North Devon walkers and beat off competition from across the region.
Bucks Mills also featured in the top 10 in the contest organised by the coastpath team.
One lucky voter, Alison Moreland and her dog Pepper, from Shepperton in Middlesex, received a year’s supply of Laughing Dog for nominating Heddon’s Mouth.
You may also want to watch:
“This is an easy section of the path with a great stream and small beach for doggie paddling and a dog-friendly pub for refreshment before you tackle the more strenuous sections in either direction,” she said.
The full list of walks can be seen at www.southwestcoastpath.com/topdogwalks
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience