Heddon valley is top dog walk
- Credit: Archant
South West Coast Path chooses the beauty spot near Parracombe as the best walkies in the peninsula.
HEDDON Valley at Hunters Inn has been voted the best dog walk in the west by users of the South West Coast Path.
The steep Exmoor coombe near Parracombe with its stream, craggy hillsides and gorse covered slopes is a great favourite with North Devon walkers and beat off competition from across the region.
Bucks Mills also featured in the top 10 in the contest organised by the coastpath team.
One lucky voter, Alison Moreland and her dog Pepper, from Shepperton in Middlesex, received a year’s supply of Laughing Dog for nominating Heddon’s Mouth.
“This is an easy section of the path with a great stream and small beach for doggie paddling and a dog-friendly pub for refreshment before you tackle the more strenuous sections in either direction,” she said.
The full list of walks can be seen at www.southwestcoastpath.com/topdogwalks
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?