Heddon valley is top dog walk
- Credit: Archant
South West Coast Path chooses the beauty spot near Parracombe as the best walkies in the peninsula.
HEDDON Valley at Hunters Inn has been voted the best dog walk in the west by users of the South West Coast Path.
The steep Exmoor coombe near Parracombe with its stream, craggy hillsides and gorse covered slopes is a great favourite with North Devon walkers and beat off competition from across the region.
Bucks Mills also featured in the top 10 in the contest organised by the coastpath team.
One lucky voter, Alison Moreland and her dog Pepper, from Shepperton in Middlesex, received a year’s supply of Laughing Dog for nominating Heddon’s Mouth.
You may also want to watch:
“This is an easy section of the path with a great stream and small beach for doggie paddling and a dog-friendly pub for refreshment before you tackle the more strenuous sections in either direction,” she said.
The full list of walks can be seen at www.southwestcoastpath.com/topdogwalks
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream