Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- Credit: Archant
Winter may not be top of your list for a long walk, but the UK is home to some amazing walks made even better in the colder months - and Heddon Valley in North Devon has been voted the very best
The valley has been named the best winter walk in the UK by a holiday company.
Holiday lettings company holidaycottages.co.uk. has highlighted the top five walks for the winter months.
Heddon Valley stretches for two miles with a walk that been described as having a diverse landscape, from the wooded valley to the rocky beach.
“It makes it a wonderful walk for a winter’s day. This easy two-mile trail is perfect for beginners, or for those more experienced walkers who just want a casual stroll. When you’ve finished exploring the beautiful valley, why not pop into local pub The Hunters Inn for a cosy pub lunch?” says the holidays firm.
Heddon Vally beat Tintern Abbey and Devil’s Pulpit in the Wye Valley which was second, the Beatrix Potter Walk at Sawrey in the Lake District third, Blakeney Freshes, Norfolk, fourth and Corfe Castle in Dorset fifth.
Shannon Keary, Digital PR Manager at holiday cottages, said: “These great routes across such picturesque places make the perfect activity for a crisp winter’s day. What better way to keep yourself warm by soaking up the sights of these amazing places which are right on our doorstep!”
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 3 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 4 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 5 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 8 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 9 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 10 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets