Heavy rain forecast for North Devon on Thursday and Friday
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a weather warning and forecasts ‘persistent’ rain.
THE Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for Thursday and Friday, with rain forecast to come in.
Persistent rain is expected to come in during Thursday, with the warning running from 12pm and lasting until 5pm on Friday.
The rain is set to be particularly heavy over the hills and although some improvements are expected on Friday, localised heavy showers are forecast.
A chief forecaster at the Met Office said: “An active frontal system, struggling to bring milder air into the south of the country, is expected to bring 20-30mm of rainfall quite widely and possibly in excess of 50 mm to some hilly districts.
You may also want to watch:
“Given that recent rain and showers have made things quite wet again, this seems likely to lead to some impacts.”
The rain could cause localised flooding in some areas.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
If you spot any flooding in your area, send your photos to email@example.com or tweet us @northdevon24.