Heavy rain expected across North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Met Office issued weather warning across the region today (Sat) and tomorrow.
OUTBREAKS of heavy rain are forecast today (Sat) and tomorrow as the Met Office issues a yellow weather warning across North Devon.
This morning a spell of heavy rain is expected to fall across the region with 20-30mm of rain falling in a six-hour period.
The rainfall is expected to move east across the UK on Sunday and widespread accumulations of 10-15mm are expected.
Following the recent wet weather and tidal surge around the region yesterday (Fri) and Thursday, there is an increased risk of flooding.
The warnings are currently in place from midnight until 2pm today and from 9am until midnight tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
A chief forecaster for the Met Office said: “Another spell of wet and windy weather will affect the British Isles on Sunday as a new, large deep depression develops over the Atlantic Ocean.
“The associated frontal system is then expected to move eastwards across Britain, perhaps not clearing the far east and southeast until Monday morning.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 6 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI