Heart babies group hands over cheque
- Credit: Archant
The group raised thousands-of-pounds for the Bristol Children’s Hospital with fundraisers last year.
A GROUP of parents of children with heart problems has raised £2,500 for Bristol Children’s Hospital Ward 32.
In April 2012, the Gazette told the story behind the families of the North Devon Heart Babies group organising the fundraiser.
Paula Stapleton, a committee member, said the event held last year was a huge success.
She said: “We wanted to help Ward 32 and repay them for the tremendous care they provide for our poorly children.
You may also want to watch:
“It was such a proud moment to be able to do give them such a large amount of money, but it wouldn’t have been at all possible without the help and support of local buisnesses, family and friends who gave so generously.
“And, of course, many thanks to all that came and supported us on the day.”
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
Cardiac liaison nurse on Ward 32, Cathy Harrington, said: “This money will provide some much needed equipment for the ward, which will benefit many sick babies and children.”
The group are now planning future events and hope to continue to support Ward 32 as well as the Ronald MacDonald House and the Caroline Thorpe ward at North Devon District Hospital.
Anyone interested in finding out more about the group, which supports parents, children and teenagers with congenital heart defects, can visit www.ndheartbabies.co.uk.