Healthcare Hero nominations now closed
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of you have written in to nominate your unsung NHS heroes across North Devon and Torridge.
NOMINATIONS for the Healthcare Hero awards have come to an end with dozens of you writing in to recognise your unsung heroes.
From caring midwives to smiling catering assistants, many of the nominees have received more than one recommendation from happy patients.
Anne Jeffery, a catering assistant at North Devon District Hospital, has been nominated by her colleague Louise Braund.
“She does something fondly known as the ‘bun run’ which provides a trolley service covering every level of the hospital.” said Louise.
You may also want to watch:
“The reason I’d like to nominate her is because of her wonderful, cheery and friendly personality which is always very welcome by both staff and patients, as you can imagine.
“Unfortunately she lost her mother very suddenly a few months ago and although was hurting badly still put on her happy, smiley face.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 10 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
“She really is a lovely lady and I would like for her to have some recognition.”
Also nominated this week was Angela Hopkins, a clerical officer in the radiology department of North Devon District Hospital.
Her colleague Jenny Bates said: “Angela goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure patients receive a first-class experience when attending vascular ultrasound appointments.
“Not only is she pleasant and accommodating on the telephone when arranging appointments with patients, she also collects patients from their outpatient clinic appointments and personally ensures they get to where they need to be.”
Julie Souch, a healthcare assistant in Bideford, has also been nominated for an award.
June Fors, of Torrington, said: “She was an absolute angel when it came to caring for my mother.”
Overall, 29 people have been nominated for an award across North and East Devon and the award winners will be announced shortly.