Health trust appoints chief exec
Jac Kelly appointed to substantive post at Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare NHS Trust has appointed Jac Kelly to the post of chief executive.
Mrs Kelly, who was previously the Trust’s interim chief executive, was appointed following a formal, external recruitment process.
She said: “I’m delighted to be able to continue working with such a great team of people. The run up to achieving Foundation Trust status is an exciting time as it will give people a greater say over their local NHS services.
“My task is to see the Trust continue to succeed by providing excellent local services and progressing our aims to deliver joined-up health and social care services to communities across eastern and northern Devon.”
You may also want to watch:
The interview panel consisted of Sir Ian Carruthers, chief executive of NHS South of England, an independent assessor, as well as Trust chairman Roger French and a non-executive director.
Mr French said Mrs Kelly had emerged strongly from a highly- competitive field of applicants.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
He said: “Jac joined the Trust as interim chief executive at a challenging time and we have gone on to become one of the best-performing Trusts in the South West.
“Our waiting times are among the lowest in England and we have an iron grip on reducing infections such as MRSA.
“The Trust will continue to benefit from Jac’s leadership and vision for improving our service to patients.”