PICTURES: Health secretary Jeremy Hunt calls in at North Devon District Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Jeremy Hunt has made a ‘private visit’ to North Devon District Hospital to speak to NHS staff in Barnstaple today (Wednesday).
Health secretary Jeremy Hunt has called in at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple today (Wednesday).
Mr Hunt was making a private visit to the hospital to speak to staff, his office said.
It is understood hospital staff were not aware of the visit until this morning.
He is touring the South West today and has already visited Weston General Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A tweet by the Department of Health media centre said Mr Hunt spoke to staff and told them ‘changing hospital culture to one of learning and transparency (is) key to patient safety’.
Check back for more information as we have it.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 7 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip