PICTURES: Health secretary Jeremy Hunt calls in at North Devon District Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Jeremy Hunt has made a ‘private visit’ to North Devon District Hospital to speak to NHS staff in Barnstaple today (Wednesday).
Health secretary Jeremy Hunt has called in at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple today (Wednesday).
Mr Hunt was making a private visit to the hospital to speak to staff, his office said.
It is understood hospital staff were not aware of the visit until this morning.
He is touring the South West today and has already visited Weston General Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A tweet by the Department of Health media centre said Mr Hunt spoke to staff and told them ‘changing hospital culture to one of learning and transparency (is) key to patient safety’.
Check back for more information as we have it.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 5 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon