PICTURES: Health secretary Jeremy Hunt calls in at North Devon District Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Jeremy Hunt has made a ‘private visit’ to North Devon District Hospital to speak to NHS staff in Barnstaple today (Wednesday).
Health secretary Jeremy Hunt has called in at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple today (Wednesday).
Mr Hunt was making a private visit to the hospital to speak to staff, his office said.
It is understood hospital staff were not aware of the visit until this morning.
He is touring the South West today and has already visited Weston General Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A tweet by the Department of Health media centre said Mr Hunt spoke to staff and told them ‘changing hospital culture to one of learning and transparency (is) key to patient safety’.
Check back for more information as we have it.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 10 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch