PICTURES: Health secretary Jeremy Hunt calls in at North Devon District Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Jeremy Hunt has made a ‘private visit’ to North Devon District Hospital to speak to NHS staff in Barnstaple today (Wednesday).
Health secretary Jeremy Hunt has called in at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple today (Wednesday).
Mr Hunt was making a private visit to the hospital to speak to staff, his office said.
It is understood hospital staff were not aware of the visit until this morning.
He is touring the South West today and has already visited Weston General Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A tweet by the Department of Health media centre said Mr Hunt spoke to staff and told them ‘changing hospital culture to one of learning and transparency (is) key to patient safety’.
Check back for more information as we have it.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe