Health hustings for North Devon General Election candidates
- Credit: Tim Lamerton
SOHS hustings on the NHS at Barnstaple St Peter’s Church, Tuesday, May 30
North Devon General Election candidates will be called on to pledge their support of local health services at a hustings in Barnstaple next Tuesday (May 30).
Save Our Hospital Services (SOHS) has invited all five candidates to the event at St Peter’s Parish Church at 7pm, with the public welcome.
The group is campaigning to keep acute services such as stroke, A and E, maternity and paediatrics at North Devon District Hospital.
At the hustings, candidates will be asked their position on the sustainability and transformation plan (STP), which SOHS says includes loss of beds and the claim patients would rather receive care at home.
You may also want to watch:
“SOHS expects all the candidates to attend the hustings, particularly as the NHS is at the top of the agenda for thousands of residents who have supported the campaign – any candidate who does not attend will be conspicuous by their absence so hopefully all candidates will regard the hustings on May 30 as important,” said SOHS spokesman Ian Crawford.
Candidates will be asked to pledge their support for local health services and SOHS will publish all pledges made.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs