Award for NDHT’s ongoing commitment to armed forces
- Credit: Archant
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust has been reconfirmed for a major award by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) for continued support of the armed forces.
The Trust has continued to achieve recognition with a Silver Award in the 2021 MoD Employer Recognition Scheme.
Silver accreditation is awarded to employers who:
- Demonstrate support for service personnel issues and employ at least one member of the armed forces community
- Actively communicate and uphold a positive stance to their employees via established HR policies and procedures, and
- Show flexibility towards annual training and mobilisation commitments of Reservist employees and support the employment of cadet instructors, armed forces veterans (including the wounded, injured and sick) and military spouses/partners.
All entries are subject to a rigorous validation process by a selection board made up of senior military personnel.
You may also want to watch:
David Matthewman, Director of People at Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, said: “Achieving our Silver revalidation is important to us as a Trust as it recognises the importance, we place in supporting our armed forces personnel (past and present) along with their families.
“Being a member of the armed forces (regular or reserve) can have a significant impact on both those serving and on the families that they leave behind, and the part we can play in this is to understand the pressures that can be experienced by those affected in order to provide the most supportive environment we can.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
“It also helps to fulfil our ambition of not only being an employer of choice, but also by acting as a leader within our community and advocating for good corporate citizenship in Northern Devon.
“As a forces veteran myself, I am very aware of the significant challenges that are particular to those that serve their country. I am delighted that as a Trust we continue to achieve Silver recognition for our support. This underpins our ongoing work to achieve Gold standard recognition.”