Head on collision near Hoops Inn
- Credit: Archant
A39 closed for a short time after collision between a car and a van.
THE A39 at Hoops Inn near Bideford was closed this morning (Monday) after a head on collision.
Emergency services were called at 10.15am after a BT van and a red Honda were in collision.
The fire service had to cut the roof from one vehicle, thought to be the Honda, which contained three people.
It is thought only minor injuries were sustained, but at least some of the casualties were taken to hospital by South Western Ambulance Service. The road reopened at 11.07am.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known if the adverse weather caused the crash, but police said there were reports of heavy surface water on the A39.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted