Head on collision near Hoops Inn
- Credit: Archant
A39 closed for a short time after collision between a car and a van.
THE A39 at Hoops Inn near Bideford was closed this morning (Monday) after a head on collision.
Emergency services were called at 10.15am after a BT van and a red Honda were in collision.
The fire service had to cut the roof from one vehicle, thought to be the Honda, which contained three people.
It is thought only minor injuries were sustained, but at least some of the casualties were taken to hospital by South Western Ambulance Service. The road reopened at 11.07am.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known if the adverse weather caused the crash, but police said there were reports of heavy surface water on the A39.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley