Have your say on North Devon housing plans, says MP
NORTH Devon MP Nick Harvey is urging local people to have their say on the joint core strategy for the region when the plans are put to the public over the next few weeks. In the North Devon constituency, this includes the proposed building of 10,000 ne
NORTH Devon MP Nick Harvey is urging local people to have their say on the joint core strategy for the region when the plans are put to the public over the next few weeks.
In the North Devon constituency, this includes the proposed building of 10,000 new houses, a move which will have an enormous effect on the area and so needs to be carefully considered, the MP says.
Mr Harvey continued: "We are all aware that housing is in great demand in North Devon. When it comes to building in rural areas, however, it is essential that we give careful thought to the impact on our communities and the ability of the infrastructure and services to handle additional residents."
The core strategy, produced by North Devon and Torridge District Councils, outlines plans for the region between now and 2026. Exhibitions, giving people the opportunity to view the plans for the strategy, are being held in various locations in North Devon over the next few weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Harvey said: "There is no doubt that 10,000 extra homes will dramatically alter the landscape of North Devon. The Liberal Democrats believe in local decision making and so I hope that people will take this opportunity to have their say on the future of our local area - we must make sure that local opinions are heard".
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 5 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch