Have your say on council spending
THE people of Torridgeside are being given a chance to have their say on how the district council spends its money! Torridge District Council is asking members of the public how it should allocate its budget for the next financial year and the responses w
THE people of Torridgeside are being given a chance to have their say on how the district council spends its money!
Torridge District Council is asking members of the public how it should allocate its budget for the next financial year and the responses will help form the development of a draft budget document that will be presented to full council on February 22.
Anyone who would like to participate or obtain more information should look on the council website - www.torridge.gov.uk/budgetconsultation - or pick up a questionnaire at council offices at Riverbank House, Bridge Buildings, the town hall or Caddsdown in Bideford or in Torrington or Holsworthy.
The deadline for responses to the consultation is January 8.
You may also want to watch:
The council tax levied on a Band D property within Torridge district is �1,487.04, but only 9.4% (�140.17) of this is retained by Torridge District Council. The rest goes to Devon County Council 73.6%, Devon & Cornwall Police Authority 10%, Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Authority 4.7% and parish and town precepts (av 2.3%).
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink