Have your say on council spending
THE people of Torridgeside are being given a chance to have their say on how the district council spends its money! Torridge District Council is asking members of the public how it should allocate its budget for the next financial year and the responses w
THE people of Torridgeside are being given a chance to have their say on how the district council spends its money!
Torridge District Council is asking members of the public how it should allocate its budget for the next financial year and the responses will help form the development of a draft budget document that will be presented to full council on February 22.
Anyone who would like to participate or obtain more information should look on the council website - www.torridge.gov.uk/budgetconsultation - or pick up a questionnaire at council offices at Riverbank House, Bridge Buildings, the town hall or Caddsdown in Bideford or in Torrington or Holsworthy.
The deadline for responses to the consultation is January 8.
The council tax levied on a Band D property within Torridge district is �1,487.04, but only 9.4% (�140.17) of this is retained by Torridge District Council. The rest goes to Devon County Council 73.6%, Devon & Cornwall Police Authority 10%, Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Authority 4.7% and parish and town precepts (av 2.3%).
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas