Have your say on council spending
THE people of Torridgeside are being given a chance to have their say on how the district council spends its money! Torridge District Council is asking members of the public how it should allocate its budget for the next financial year and the responses w
THE people of Torridgeside are being given a chance to have their say on how the district council spends its money!
Torridge District Council is asking members of the public how it should allocate its budget for the next financial year and the responses will help form the development of a draft budget document that will be presented to full council on February 22.
Anyone who would like to participate or obtain more information should look on the council website - www.torridge.gov.uk/budgetconsultation - or pick up a questionnaire at council offices at Riverbank House, Bridge Buildings, the town hall or Caddsdown in Bideford or in Torrington or Holsworthy.
The deadline for responses to the consultation is January 8.
You may also want to watch:
The council tax levied on a Band D property within Torridge district is �1,487.04, but only 9.4% (�140.17) of this is retained by Torridge District Council. The rest goes to Devon County Council 73.6%, Devon & Cornwall Police Authority 10%, Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Authority 4.7% and parish and town precepts (av 2.3%).
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI