Have your say on council spending
THE people of Torridgeside are being given a chance to have their say on how the district council spends its money! Torridge District Council is asking members of the public how it should allocate its budget for the next financial year and the responses w
THE people of Torridgeside are being given a chance to have their say on how the district council spends its money!
Torridge District Council is asking members of the public how it should allocate its budget for the next financial year and the responses will help form the development of a draft budget document that will be presented to full council on February 22.
Anyone who would like to participate or obtain more information should look on the council website - www.torridge.gov.uk/budgetconsultation - or pick up a questionnaire at council offices at Riverbank House, Bridge Buildings, the town hall or Caddsdown in Bideford or in Torrington or Holsworthy.
The deadline for responses to the consultation is January 8.
You may also want to watch:
The council tax levied on a Band D property within Torridge district is �1,487.04, but only 9.4% (�140.17) of this is retained by Torridge District Council. The rest goes to Devon County Council 73.6%, Devon & Cornwall Police Authority 10%, Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Authority 4.7% and parish and town precepts (av 2.3%).
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections