Have you seen alleged shop con men in North Devon?
CCTV pictures have been released of two men suspected of conning shop workers across the region into handing over money, including at a premises in Lynmouth. Officers said offences known as ringing the changes have been committed recently in the North D
CCTV pictures have been released of two men suspected of conning shop workers across the region into handing over money, including at a premises in Lynmouth.
Officers said offences known as "ringing the changes" have been committed recently in the North Devon village as well as in Bude and St Ives.
The suspects enter shops and ask for change for a note, they then confuse the unsuspecting shop worker who ends up handing over more cash.
Both men are described as white, aged in their 30s and about five feet nine inches tall.
You may also want to watch:
One is described as having dark "kidney shaped" eyes and was wearing a bright orange t-shirt. The other wore a yellow t-shirt and had spiky hair.
Anyone who recognises either of the two is asked to call police on 08452 777444.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton